Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Support market research and product marketing activities in support of the Tactical Communications Business Development Team.
The Tactical Communications segment of Collins Mission Systems in Cedar Rapids Iowa has a position for a summer intern to work within the Business Development organization. The intern will work closely with the assigned Business Development Manager on identifying new and furthering ongoing strategic initiatives in each Market Segment and across all product lines for multiple geographic (both in the U.S. and internationally) locations.
Perform strategic analysis of markets, customer trends, and relevant leading indicators to identify business growth opportunities
– Introduce new data mining and data cleansing tools to optimize publically available data for analysis in calculating competitive positioning for products of strategic importance – Perform analysis of internal data to identify market erosion, market shifts, and changes in price elasticity
– Formulate recommendations and communicate appropriate business cases to management
– Support internal business case and proposal development for internal and external customers
– Refine and automate the department metrics and assist in the development of improvement suggestions
– Engage in customer calls, identify customer needs and establish customer relationships as needed
– Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside the organization to ensure strategic level opportunities are supportable at the business level
– Identify and quantify risks associated with change and present to appropriate business leadership levels
– Perform other tasks and lead other initiatives as assigned by the supervisor or as proposed by the employee and approved by the supervisor Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or Business Administration from an accredited institution. Qualifications: Basic, Preferred, and Desired Basic Qualifications:
– Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
– Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
– Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
– Prior experience in statistical methods and visual-based analytics through the use of Tableau and Microsoft Excel
Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite of tools
US Citizenship required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here