Proagrica is looking for a backend engineer to join our Sirrus team. You will be working with a tight-knit group of engineers and developers building the next generation precision agriculture products and tools on the web.
At Proagrica, we deliver products and services that connect and empower industry participants to address their key needs around trading, productivity and compliance. We have created farm and enterprise-focused solutions for a global community of connected businesses.
What you will be doing:
The backend engineers on the Sirrus team are responsible for delivering the data to our frontend team. From communication between Sirrus and our data platform (agX) to APIs directly communicating with the user interface, we rely heavily on our backend engineers, which is why we are looking for you!
Typical day-to-day tasks for a backend engineer may include:
• Collaborate with teams to create fast, resilient, and highly scalable APIs to support our growing product offerings.
• Learn new technologies and approaches that may improve the performance or add new functionality to our applications.
• Communicate with frontend engineers and database developers to provide development estimates and requirements gathering.
• Share what you have learned and built with team members across the Proagrica company as well as local technology user groups (if you so choose).
• Identifying and solving bottlenecks in performance from a wide range of telemetry data captured by our services.
Important traits for this role:
Successful members of the team often display these traits. We hold these in high regard.
• Propensity to learn: Development is continuously evolving. We want to foster an environment of teaching and learning to equip individuals on the team with the tools needed to be successful.
• Communication: Effective communication within the team as well as others in chat, documentation, and collaboration is essential.
• Eye for quality: You will be part of a team building the next generation of web-based precision agriculture tools. We take pride in the quality of our applications and the impact it will have across the sector.
Technologies we use:
We do not expect you to know all of these technologies on day one by any means. However, as you grow within the team, you will eventually touch each of these technologies. We will always provide mentoring and guidance if a question ever arises.
• .Net Core: Our APIs are written using Microsoft’s open-source web framework.
• PostgreSQL: We store all of our data in a PostgreSQL database
• Docker: All of our services can be deployed as docker containers.
• Azure: Our current cloud provider is Azure. We use Web App for Containers, Functions, App Insights, and Queue Storage to name a few.
• Microsoft: We use Team Foundation Server for issue tracking, code repository, CI/CD services. We also use Teams for communication
• Mapbox Services and Tools: We push our geo through Mapbox.
Nice to have:
• 2+ years professional experience working in a software development role
• Experience in cloud computing (Azure, AWS, GCP)
Proagrica is a part of Reed Business Information (RBI) and RELX
Proagrica specializes in the global agriculture industry
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
RBI pays competitive salaries and has a comprehensive set of benefit
View page here