General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for an Autonomous Vehicle Embedded Firmware Engineer.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Develop board level driver, BSP and manufacturing test software for new electronics circuit boards
- Architect and develop safety critical embedded software systems used to drive autonomous agricultural vehicles
- Build low level controls software to autonomously drive a tractor (signal generation, controls loop software, etc)
- Work with contract manufacturing firms to conduct off-site electronics development, test and manufacturing
- Architect and develop electronic vehicle systems using J1939 and ISOBUS vehicle CAN protocols
- Conduct electronics validation testing (HALT, HASS, Combined Environment, ESD, EMC, etc)
- Work with the Electronics engineers to assist in circuit board development, harnessing design, etc
At Smart Ag your official title will be Autonomous Vehicle Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for bringing to market the first ever commercially available agricultural autonomous vehicle system. You will be responsible for implementing cutting edge technology, radically new thoughts and exciting ideas into high quality, testable production code. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to make this product ship. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the back of your team mates and work in the best interest of hardware engineers, server-side software engineers, database engineers, and C-level management to make the most customer centric system imaginable. In a nutshell, if you didn’t like team projects that only talked about what customers really want in the past, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience and feel like you are ready to challenge yourself to build something new and exciting.
- You are a natural team player; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork.
- Although you thrive in team environments, you have a thorough understanding of computer electronics and embedded systems to create functioning controllers without assistance when necessary. When you interview please send over a portfolio of the electronics you have put into production in the past!
- You are comfortable being able to architect systems, design and oversee the development of new projects and lead them so they ship on time.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with precision ag, J1939 CAN, ISOBUS based electronics
- Masters or PHD in Electrical or Computer Engineering
$70,000-85,000+ depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Mark Barglof at 515-201-7245 and email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/