Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you have an interest in developing impactful Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions? Do you want to convert data into intelligence to influence a major aerospace and defense company? Do you thrive on using cutting-edge, technology to create informed data-driven business decisions? If yes, we want to talk to you.
The Artificial Intelligence team is an application delivery team within the Digital Technology organization that builds value through data engineering, machine learning and artificial intelligence services. The team works with senior leaders to discover previously hidden insights and enables a new generation of connected intelligence and digital transformation through innovation in deep learning and artificial intelligence. The team’s innovation provides a competitive advantage, solves business problems and impacts how we run our business.
Location: Collins Aerospace, AllisonAI Lab in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Translates business problems into technical solutions using machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Deploys scalable, supportable algorithms into a production environment.
- Transforms, analyzes and extracts actionable intelligence from various business systems and rich data sources.
- Develops new or augmented AI product offerings using data.
- Supports the 165 million models currently processing in production extending the development of current enterprise ML/AI.
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, communication skills and drive to learn.
- Previous training or education in machine learning.
- Training or education in Python programming, debugging and code optimization.
- Fluency in computer science fundamentals and software design/engineering.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident due to intellectual property regulations.
- Background or education in a technical field like information technology, business systems, analytics, programming, mathematics, sciences, or engineering.
- Training or education in experience using machine learning or deep learning libraries and tools like TensorFlow, Keras, CNTK (Tensorflow preferred).
- Education or experience with GPU hardware, databases, data mining unstructured data, distributed computing, statistics, cloud technologies, code repositories
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here