Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Mission Systems, Communication & Navigation Systems is seeking a software engineering intern to work with our Advanced Networking Technologies group.
Collins Aerospace advanced technology groups focus on cutting edge department of defense research and development projects. As an advanced technology engineering intern, you will continually advance the state of the art through the research and creation of innovative system concepts and technological capabilities.
This role consists of working with a group of highly innovative engineers towards the invention, development, and demonstration of new networking concepts and capabilities. This position entails the pursuit and development of cutting-edge networking solutions that can quickly go from concept, to field demonstration, to fielded product. The applicant must be creative, highly self-motivated, have strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Supporting the development of advanced networking systems/subsystems and developing innovative strategies
- Supporting the development of new advanced networking concepts, targeting research organizations such as DARPA, DIU, ONR, CERDEC, AFRL, ARL, etc.
- Supporting our team in the development and execution of external technology R&D programs as well as Mission Systems Advanced Technology internal research and development IR&D projects
- Computer or Electrical Engineering students preferred
- Software development experience using C, C++, Bash, or Python preferred
- US Citizenship required
Helpful Experience but not required
- Build tools (SCons, Make, CMake, Ant, etc.)
- Revision control systems (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.) helpful
- Embedded systems/software, networked applications / networking stack protocol implementation, or BSP development.
- Knowledge of COTS networking concepts and technologies across all layers of stack, including but not limited to IPv4, IPv6, Routing, Multicast, NAT, TCP, UDP, OLSR, OSPF, PIM, IPSec, VPN, ACLs, ToS and QoS, etc.
- Aptitude in network design and architecture, scalability modeling and simulation
· Aptitude in system requirements definition
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here