Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’ Advance Technology is growing our Data Analytics group and in search of enthusiastic data scientists and software engineers to join our expanding team.
The Advanced Technology department focuses on applied research projects and provides engineers with an ever changing and expanding environment. This internship is with our growing data analytics group that focuses on big data, data analytics, and applied machine learning applications and projects with the following research areas:
- Aviation data systems
- Airspace Data
- Biometric information
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Optimization problems
- Adaptive Training with Simulation and Training solutions
This summer internship will focus on prototype systems for industrial internet of things, large scale weather computations, or reasoning based frameworks depending on background and skill.
- Diving head first into a new challenging problem area
- Developing and collaborating on applied machine learning application in distributed application networks.
- Working on blockchain smart contracts prototyping.
- Working closely with the onsite business unit and remotely with teams in Cedar Rapids, Annapolis MD, UK, France.
- Working in IoT frameworks and enabling technologies.
- The candidate must be working towards a STEM degree along with an interest in big data tools, software development processes related to CI and Agile, data analytics, and or machine learning
- 1 year experience with Python and/or Java
- The candidate must have some background or interest in database design for small big data systems (TBs) with NoSQL and Distributed File Systems.
- Strong interest in Machine Learning or a background in Machine learning strongly encouraged
- Usage and understanding of containerization technologies (Docker), container registries, and code revision tools (Git)
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here