Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
The engineering intern will primarily support the additive manufacturing efforts here in West Des Moines Iowa. The position will perform various engineering functions to assist the additive manufacturing group on current projects. The Additive Manufacturing Engineering Intern shall be responsible for:
- Assist with creating manufacturing documentation which includes but is not limited to: manufacturing routers, process and work instructions, drawings, and tooling
- Document best practices and lessons learned to support additive design and manufacturing efforts
- Participate in acceptance testing procedures and non-destructive testing processes
- Support continuous improvement activities for powder metal removal and non-conventional post additive processes
- Assist with powder bed fusion machine preparation, build process, and turnover as well as completed build plate processing
- Utilize material testing equipment and various post processing equipment as required for the additive process
Education and Certifications:
Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related field from accredited institution.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or related field from accredited institution.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by May 2018
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Customer focus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.