Workiva is hiring an Accounting Specialist who will assist with a range of general staff accounting tasks.
What you will do:
- Processes invoices for payments and obtains appropriate approvals
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to ensure appropriate workflow
- Assists with vendor creation while monitoring information such as contracting entity, 1099 information and payment terms
- Assists the Accounts Payable team with monthly financial close tasks
- Compiles information for outside auditors, service providers, and for other project personnel as requested
- Assist with special projects as needed such as process improvement initiatives, new software implementation and requested reports
- Performs controls related to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- May assist with processing expense reports and ensuring compliance with Corporate Card, Travel, and Expense Reimbursement policies
What you will need:
- 5 years of experience in processing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or related duties.
- Associates degree in Accounting is preferred
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Strong communication/collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
Where you will work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on our Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva