By joining Workiva as an Accountant, you will have a unique opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment. In this role, you will focus on audit support and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance. You will also ensure that billing and revenue is captured accurately for current and future contracts. Workiva is continuously moving forward, embarking on the new; you will define and facilitate processes and procedures, while maintaining and improving existing ones.
What You’ll Do
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance policies and standards.
- You will review transactions for appropriate coding while understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure compliance.
- You will perform activities within a public company internal control environment related to the SOX to ensure organizational compliance.
- You will use accounting knowledge to prepare month and quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provides support to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will ensure proper recognition of revenue and expenses are captured on organization’s financial statements.
- You will handle queue of customers, sales team, and/or vendor inquiries and forwards to appropriate team members for response.
- You will research and respond to more complex questions and will escalate to higher levels as needed.
- You will review and interpret sales contracts and/or vendor agreements to confirm agreement details.
- You will demonstrate and apply strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and technical expertise.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ year of experience working as a professional Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required or Associates degree in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Experience with being the last line of defense (final check) before financial reporting
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
Where You’ll Work
Workiva, the leading cloud provider of connected data, reporting, and compliance solutions, is used by thousands of enterprises across 120 countries, including more than 75 percent of Fortune 500® companies, and by government agencies. Our customers have linked over five billion data elements to trust their data, reduce risk, and save time. Workiva employs more than 1,200 people with offices in 16 cities.
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
Health & Wellness
: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
View page here