As an Accountant at Workiva, you will work alongside a cohesive and growing team, who has high visibility to senior leadership. You will have the ability to be dynamic and will embrace continuous learning. You will focus on supporting the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions to ensure timely reporting and compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), local GAAP and company policies and procedures. You will assist with monthly close activities, working with account reconciliations, assisting with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and foreign statutory reporting, and compiling information as necessary for auditors.
What You’ll Do
- You will assist with preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings (10-Ks and 10-Qs).
- You will review transactions for the appropriate coding while understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure compliance.
- You will use Accounting knowledge to prepare month and quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provide support to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will review and interpret contracts and/or vendor agreements to confirm appropriate accounting under US GAAP.
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance policies and standards.
- You will perform activities within a public company internal control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to ensure organizational compliance.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ year of experience working as a professional Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or Associates degree in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Spreadsheet skills required
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/