As an Accountant at Workiva, you will support the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions to ensure timely reporting and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies and procedures. In this role, you may assist with monthly close activities, preparing and reviewing payrolls by country, account reconciliations, and compiling information as necessary for auditors.
What You’ll Do:
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance policies and standards.
- You will review transactions for appropriate coding while understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure compliance.
- You will perform activities within a public company’s internal control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to ensure organizational compliance.
- You will use your accounting knowledge to prepare month and quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provide support to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will ensure proper recognition of payroll and related expenses are captured on organization’s financial statements.
- You will handle queue of employee, department and vendor inquiries and forward to appropriate team members for response; you will research and respond to more complex questions and will escalate as needed.
- You will review and interpret local payroll contracts and laws for appropriate application.
- You will demonstrate and apply strong accounting and payroll knowledge, acumen, and technical expertise.
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ year of accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; Associates degree in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience in accounting would be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
- Payroll knowledge preferred
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Health & Wellness
: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.