As an Accountant at Workiva, you will work alongside a cohesive and growing team, who has high visibility to senior leadership. You will have the ability to be dynamic and will embrace continuous learning. You will focus on supporting the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions to ensure timely reporting and compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), local GAAP and company policies and procedures. You will assist with monthly close activities, working with account reconciliations, assisting with Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and foreign statutory reporting, and compiling information as necessary for auditors.
What You’ll Do
- You will assist with preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings (10-Ks and 10-Qs).
- You will review transactions for the appropriate coding while understanding and interpreting company policies to ensure compliance.
- You will use Accounting knowledge to prepare month and quarter-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- You will handle outside auditor questions and provides support to outside auditors and other project personnel as requested.
- You will review and interpret contracts and/or vendor agreements to confirm appropriate accounting under US GAAP.
- You will assess accounting reports for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to department, organizational, and compliance policies and standards.
- You will perform activities within a public company internal control environment related to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act to ensure organizational compliance.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ year of experience working as a professional Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or Associates degree in accounting with 3+ years of significant progressive experience in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Spreadsheet skills required
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
Where you will work
Workiva, the leading cloud provider of connected data, reporting, and compliance solutions, is used by thousands of enterprises across 120 countries, including more than 75 percent of Fortune 500® companies, and by government agencies. Our customers have linked over five billion data elements to trust their data, reduce risk, and save time. Workiva employs more than 1,200 people with offices in 16 cities.
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
Health & Wellness
: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page:
View page here