2625 North Loop Drive, Ames, IA, USA
Vertex is shaping the future of how product development happens in manufacturing. Embracing advances in cloud computing, we’re building solutions to improve the speed and quality of collaboration so teams can make better decisions—and get products to market faster. Vertex founder and proven entrepreneur, Dan Murray, has grown two prior software companies to $100M+ revenue and executed successful IPOs. This is a ground-floor opportunity and part of our effort to expand customer success, engineering, marketing, and sales teams in preparation for product launch.
Vertex Software is seeking a dynamic Office Assistant with unreasonable optimism to support our team as we continue to grow and expand. This individual will be a jack of all trades, wearing many different hats to handle anything that comes their way with Jedi-like anticipation.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for team members and Vertex guests. This includes hotel rooms, rental cars, etc.
- Internal meeting/event coordination
- Work with area restaurants and caterers to order meals both on- and off-site
- Room set-up
- Tidy-up the office and conference rooms as necessary
- Monitor Vertex’s main phone line for incoming calls, take messages, and pass to appropriate team members as needed
- Serve as back-up assistance to the Office Manager on duties such as:
- Maintain kitchen, including cleaning dishes and stocking refrigerator
- Monitor and maintain stock of office and kitchen supplies
- Vendor and deliveries management
- Company apartment maintenance
- Provide administrative support to various teams including Legal, People, & IT
- Assist in keeping the office running behind the scenes by keeping things clean and stocked, watering plants, emptying recycling, etc.
- Minimum two plus years of Office and Vendor Management experience
- Hyper-organized and positive attitude to tackle a multitude of challenges
- Solid communication skills and unparalleled flexibility to juggle multiple priorities with several vendors (both internal and external)
- Keen emotional intelligence and steadfast composure to handle anything that comes your way