Come join the user experience team at Workiva! As a visual design intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative environment while helping to build our cloud-based Wdesk platform. Our goal is to create experiences that are not only visually appealing but also highly usable. We believe good design is rooted in a critical thought process.
This isn’t your typical internship. At Workiva, you’ll be able to see your ideas valued, and your work come to life. You’ll be able to enjoy lunch at our farm-to-table restaurant, and snacks and sodas are on the house. When you need a change of pace, you can spend a few minutes in the game room or find a spot to work in the sunny atrium.
What You’ll Do:
- Build pixel-perfect vector versions of our UI components and interfaces.
- Assist with building vector icons and preparing files for implementation.
- Apply our visual style consistently to top-notch interactions.
- Document precise dimensions, colors, and fonts used in mockups for developers building HTML5 and mobile applications.
- Maintain a growing library of visual design assets.
- Learn and grow with your new UX team friends.
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for design and great user experience. We truly love what we do.
- Subpixel attention to detail. You should enjoy finessing minute design elements.
- Good communication skills. You’ll have a chance to participate in design critiques and discuss projects with interaction designers and developers.
- Familiarity with basic web design principles. Basic HTML and CSS skills helpful.
- Expert with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Bonus points: knowledge of After Effects and/or web animation prototyping tools. We design microinteractions and other web-based animations for our product.
- A college junior or senior studying graphic design, visual communication, or a related discipline is preferred.
- You must be enrolled as a student for Fall 2019.
- Applications without an online portfolio of work will not be considered. Please add a link to your portfolio on your resume or cover letter.
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life
View page here