Workiva is a cloud-based software company that builds best-in-class collaborative applications for enterprise productivity and complex business reporting. We are looking for a UX Writer Intern to partner with the User Experience and Product Teams to produce clear, accurate, and pleasing user assistance, end user documentation, and product copy.
Are you passionate about using words and media to drive great user experience? Does consistency and quality across a company’s product and how-to messaging excite you? The UX Writer helps shape the vision and voice of Workiva product.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, user experience designers, and subject matter experts to support a world class user experience
- Follow audience centered and iterative methods to understand user needs
- Deliver outstanding documentation, user assistance, and product copy
- Help ensure the success of a rapidly growing enterprise user base
What You Should Have:
- Excellent writing, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple cross-functional, geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work effectively with involved stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uncanny attention to detail and customer focus
- Progress toward BA/BS or MS in Technical Communication, English, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Ability to provide a portfolio or writing samples
- Experience in cloud software, human computer interaction, and/or user experience
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life
View page here