Workiva is reinventing financial and managerial reporting. Our cloud-based applications enable real-time collaboration for the most important and challenging reports, including SEC filings. The easy-to-use interfaces and controls, specifically designed for financial professionals, make the Wdesk product platform the top choice of the most influential organizations in the world.
What You’ll Do:
User Experience Interns at Workiva are empowered to help to design and prototype superior user experiences across the entire product suite. UX Interns work closely with senior Designers, Customers, Engineers, Product Managers and User Researchers to discover, validate, design, prototype, test, and iterate on products that ship continuously.
What You’ll Need:
You have great design skills and a growing portfolio of user-focused designs and experiences. You are passionate about designing user experiences that enrich and improve people’s lives. You enjoy visually communicating ideas, learning about new methodologies, and solving complex design problems.
Your safe place is in front of Illustrator/Sketch, where you are learning to quickly produce wireframes, user flows, lightweight personas, mockups and even production ready assets. You also desire to possess inspiring communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey your ideas to others.
- Solid design skills
- Great portfolio (showing your process and sketches, not just the finished product)
- Intense passion for design and user experience
- Good collaboration skills
- Proficient within the Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite, especially Illustrator (or Sketch)
- Sense of humor
- Progress on or completion of a Masters or Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Design or a related field like Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to translate designs into mockups and functional prototypes (Axure, HTML/CSS, etc.)
- Ability to tell the story about the user workflow and ability to articulate UX/UI decisions
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/