Workiva is searching for talented Financial Reporting Interns to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to get direct hands-on experience in financial reporting while working at a high-energy software company. In this unique opportunity, you’ll work with customers and help deliver high-quality SEC Filings. The right candidate will be a junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Professional Services Managers and customers to improve the quality of their SEC Filings
- We understand most people are not familiar with XBRL so we train you
- As part of our training, you will learn how to model, map, tag and review Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Review financial statements to gain an understanding of the accounting policies to map, model, and tag customer statements for XBRL
- Gain knowledge of taxonomies, SEC regulations, and US GAAP and IFRS changes
- Interns holding this position may also have the opportunity to test new features and work with teams on special projects.
- Participate in cross departmental and professional development activities throughout the internship program
What You’ll Need:
- Field of Study: Accounting, pursuing Bachelor’s or Masters
- Must be technically savvy and demonstrate a high level of competency using spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Attention to detail and follow-through are required
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/