Intern – Corporate Development
The Workiva Corporate Development team is responsible for enhancing revenue growth both organically and via acquisition and investments. We work closely with key stakeholders from executive management, R&D, product marketing and sales to understand the evolving market dynamics and companies in the markets relevant to Workiva. We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic intern to join us. As an Intern with the Corporate Development team, you will assist the team in projects targeting revenue growth enhancement, while working cross-functionally to understand the market dynamics.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in review of new markets, including analyzing market size and the competitive landscape
- Assist with business case development to evaluate opportunities
- Research and document companies in our target market
- Update database of comparable transactions for valuation purposes
- Collaborate with and assist the team in building value propositions
- Assist with coordinating due diligence efforts and integration planning
What you’ll need:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in related field, and within 1 year of graduation. Pursuit of an MBA is preferred.
- Relevant finance, business strategy, business development, product management and/or corporate development experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of SaaS metrics
- Exposure to the M&A or investment processes
- Experience with SaaS technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively across many levels
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with financial modeling preferred
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.