Workiva is a rapidly growing company that builds collaborative, cloud-based applications for financial and executive teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for a student looking to obtain hands-on experience in a corporate accounting department. The Accounting Intern may work on the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, or general Accounting team. This person is responsible for creating, processing and transmitting customer invoices, processing vendor invoices, and administratively supporting the Accounting team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create, process and transmit customer invoices
- Review vendor information, route new vendors for approval and enter into system
- Review vendor invoices and submit for payment
- Address questions from our external customers and vendors
- Lend support to internal customers and teams regarding Accounting principles
- Assisting with other projects and financial matters as they arise
What You’ll Need:
- Active student status, working toward an Accounting or related degree preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Positive attitude and approach to role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and research items in full prior to taking action
- Ability to work professionally with internal employees and outside vendors
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Internship Program: Participate in a Top 100 internship program. We provide professional development opportunities, group mentoring and fun events.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.