Workiva was founded on the philosophy of our customers come first! As a member of the security team you get to be on the frontlines helping keep our customers and our employees safe from both internal and external threats. We strive to not just meet but exceed our customer’s security expectations!
How You’ll Impact the Success of Workiva:
- Provide Incident Response support when actionable incident is confirmed.
- Document, investigate and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of various security devices.
- Manage and configure tools and devices to expand our security monitoring infrastructure
- Develop tools to assist with security and compliance tasks
- Recommend new security controls to fix vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with Development teams to gather information regarding security problems, issues, and ideas
What You’ll Need to be Successful in This Role:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Linux Operating System, administration experience is a plus
- Experience with Google App Engine and/or Amazon AWS a plus
- Vulnerability and penetration testing experience a plus
- Self-motivation and initiative to search for and resolve security issues
- Exceptional ethics and discretion to keep security vulnerabilities on a need-to-know basis
- Initiative and social skills to network with technical individuals to gather information on projects
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening) to explain remediation strategies and details to implementers, highly technical individuals, and management levels
- Progress towards bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar technology degree required
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy.